Building better homes, lives, and futures
True potential is stored inside of your home, and inside of you. Creating the home and life of your dreams starts with positive thinking and a vision.
lets start today
lets start today
What is your largest investment? For most people our largest investments are our homes. Not only is this investment your largest, it’s more than likely the most important one. Your home provides shelter and protection from the elements of the world for you and the people you care the most about. This can range from security of your home to structural integrity.
I wanted to start this first blog with getting everyone thinking about just how capable is your house at protecting you from said elements. Owning your own home is a great investment that can protect you and has the possibility of big returns when or if you decide to sell. If you plan to stay in your home there are ways that I will cover in future blogs on how to get funds for improvements and how to make your house the home you have always wanted. First things first, lets all do a walk through of our home and make a list of things that need to be done, and a list of things that you want done. Remember, if you see something that appears to need to be fixed, its probably twice as bad underneath, so don’t ignore it. I will give you a quick list of some "wants" to get your brain in its interior decorator mode :)
1) Kitchens are the main attraction, and bathrooms are a place we spend much of our time: From a full remodel to just some minor updating, this can change the mood of the home.
2) Finish your dead spaces: Basements & Large Attics
3) Trim and Cabinetry: Removal of Popcorn ceiling and add texture
4) Paint and Texture: A fresh coat of paint can go a long way... Accompanied with new texture it can make an old home feel new again.
5) Flooring: I work with some of the best in regards to hard wood flooring. There are some alternatives that are nice, but...
6) Update Plumbing: This could go without explanation, but the short and sweet of it is that its healthier for your family and it is huge feature when its time to put it on the market.
7) Update Electric: Update your existing lighting fixtures, and consider some other lighting options. Recessed lighting on dimmers can really change the dynamic of a room. Updating an old electric service is necessary in an aging home for safety and energy saving reasons. Along with the new electric service updating the wiring and devices (outlets and switches) will make your home much more energy efficient and safe. In many cases older style electrical receptacles are not grounded, which, increases chances of electrical shock. New wiring and devises insure proper grounding and also tamper proof so no little fingers can go inside.
8)Insulation + Windows/Doors: There are many rebates available so make sure to check them out with your local electric provider. With proper insulation you can cut your energy bills in half.
9) Furnace/HVAC upgrades: Rebates available, and accompanied with insulation you would be looking at cutting 50%-75% off old energy bills.
10) Renewable Energy: Lets talk about no energy bills? :) And your home has the ability to protect you and your family
11) Home Generation System: When the power goes out and its below zero, where will you go? Nowhere, because right when the power went out your generation system kicked on. Piece of mind goes a long way. Consider this option.
Lets Get Started!